Vietnamese vegetable pancake
These crunchy pancakes full of vegetables will bring a smile to your face. The dipping sauce makes it complete!
- Sieve the rice flour into a bowl and mix with the turmeric, sugar and spring onions. Put the coconut milk, eggs and fish sauce in a bowl, stir together and gradually stir in the flour. Put in a cool place.
- Make the dipping sauce by mixing all the ingredients. Taste whether something is missing.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in the wok, cover the bottom and heat. Stir-fry the onions until they are soft and keep them separate.
- Stir the batter again and add some coconut milk if it is very thick.
- Pour a quarter of the batter into the wok and turn the wok around until a thin pancake forms. Turn down the heat and put a quarter of the onions, shiitake and bean sprouts in the middle of the pancake. Put some fresh mint on it. Put a lid on the wok and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Fold the pancake in half and let it slide onto a heated plate. Keep warm while the other pancakes are cooking. Serve the pancake with the dipping sauce.